At Little BigPaw we are passionate about what we feed our pets. We use this passion when we develop our recipes.We pride ourselves on offering foods that offer fantastic health benefits and superior taste to your cats and dogs.
You may notice our recipes only contain a handful of ingredients, we don’t think it’s necessary to add any ingredients that can’t offer a health benefit for your pet.
Therefore, each recipe has select ingredients to keep your pet in optimum health: lots of meat, fruits and vegetables, healthy herbs and nourishing oils and conditioners.
Where does the meat used in Little BigPaw recipes come from?
The majority of meats used in our recipes are sourced from within a 30 mile radius of our UK factory. This means the meat is extremely fresh as there is little transit time from farm to factory. The meat is also human grade.
Animal Welfare is important to the team at Little BigPaw. This is why we only work with suppliers who share the same ethos. The meat used in Little BigPaw products is sourced from animals reared in accordance of the 5 freedoms.
What are the 5 Freedoms of Animal Welfare?
- Freedom from Hunger or Thirst: Access to fresh water and diet to maintain health
- Freedom from Discomfort: Shelter and comfortable rest area are provided.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease: Ensuring healthcare and treatment is readily available.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour: sufficient space provided and interaction with other animals.
- Freedom from Fear or Distress: Freedom avoids any type of mental suffering
Is it safe to feed dogs fruits or vegetables?
Fruits and vegetables offer dogs and great source of fibre, vitamins and minerals as well as many other benefits to dogs. However not all are suitable, at Little BigPaw we always make sure our foods are safe and we can explain the health benefit of each ingredient. Visit our ingredients page for more information.