Endorsed by Dr Venetta Kozhuharova DVM,MRCVS, CERT.CFVHNUT
In my veterinary practise I see daily many cats that are picky eaters and their owners find this very frustrating and stressful. Also, a number of cats which I diagnose with health conditions which are a consequence from feeding poor quality foods containing grains or those with variable formulations such as obesity, allergies, GI disturbance, skin conditions, etc. is high. I was looking for a high quality brand which I can trust and to recommend to my cat patients and came across the Little BigPaw Dry Cat Range. I have used their dry food for my hospitalised pets and for follow ups in the last two years.
I like the brand because they use completely natural and healthy ingredients sourced from trusted British farms, no grains, no GMO. Their formulations are hypoallergenic and fixed – every batch of their food contains the same ingredients, with the same ratio and nutrients.
Their kibbles come in a perfect shape with uniform coating and optimal density to clean teeth, to prevent plaque and respectively tartar build up. From my personal experience I can say that cats fed with the range maintain better oral health and develop less often gum disease.
The Little BigPaw formulations are complete and balanced and provide an optimal nutrients to enhance cats’ health:
* Fresh chicken and salmon keep cats lean and fit
* High protein content ensures that adequate amounts of taurine are found in diet and ensures normal function of the vital body processes like forming new blood cells, enzymes,
* Mixture of sweet potatoes, peas, beet pulp, carrots is an excellent source of bioactive vitamins and antioxidants which supports the immune system of cats and helps them to fight against free radicals,
* Combination of beet pulp, prebiotics, yucca and botanical extracts (rosemary, thyme, fennel and peppermint) supports digestion and gastrointestinal health by helping with regular bowel movement and forming less odourous stools.
* Brewers yeast is source of B Vitamins and minerals, supports metabolism and the nervous system, improves appetite
* Cranberry extract supports urinary health and prevents bladder infections,
* Healthy omega 3-oils have anti-inflammatory properties, support skin health and coat shine
* Added minerals and vitamins maintain bone, ligaments and teeth health.
The range consists of four varieties which are tailored to nutrition requirements of cats during all life stages.
I recommend the adult recipes not only for healthy cats but for cats with delicate digestion, cats with food intolerances or allergies, cats with IBD, skin issues, etc., because they are hypoallergic and grain free. They are highly palatable and even the most finicky eaters prefer them.
The kitten recipe provides an optimal support for growing cats and comes in very small and convenient kibble shape which is excellent for the very first stage of weaning. It is highly nutritious and it is suitable for pregnant queens in the last stages of pregnancy or for nursing mums.
I like the senior recipe because it benefits from added glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate which support and maintain the joint health. Feeding regularly senior cats with Little BigPaw Dry Atlantic Salmon food exclude the need other joint support tablets and pills to be given to cats. Most cat owners find it very difficult administrating a pill or a tablet to their cats. Also, the chondroitin sulphate and chondroitin come in highly digestible form. Improvement in mobility is visible after the first week of feeding the Senior recipe.
Lastly, I would like to mention that these foods come in very practical premium quality aluminium packaging with a long shelf life. There is a resealable zipper which preserves freshness of kibbles much longer when compared with other brands.
My personal experience with the whole range dry foods of Little BigPaw in my veterinary practise is amazing and I will continue to recommend them. I notice a visible improvement of the overall health and wellbeing of cats and I can admit that cats fed with the range see me less often. I am very pleased to be able to advise and to influence my cat parent clients to make the best choice for their cats and to feed this food.
The Little BigPaw dry food range outstands from other brands with their perfectly balanced natural and healthy ingredients, excellent palatability and convenient packaging and it doesn’t go aside from the big veterinary approved cat food brands.”
Dr. Veneta Kozhuharova DVM, MRCVS, CFVHNUT
Dr. Veneta Kozhuharova graduated with Master’s Degree The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria in 2008. Since 2011, she is a Member of The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and The British Veterinary Association. In 2017 she post graduated in small animal clinical nutrition and she holds Certificate in Canine and Feline Veterinary Health Nutrition. She is actively practising in the United Kingdom and in 2018 she established her own small animal and export veterinary practice.