Little BigPaw are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This page is our policy (together with any other documents we may refer to throughout) and explains how we collect personal information from you, or that you provide to us and how we will process it. Please read the following carefully to understand our privacy practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy applies to the website www.littlebigpaw.co.uk and all subdomains. If you do not agree to this policy then you should stop using our site immediately.
For the purpose of GDPR the data controller is the First Class Pet Company Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 07243557) with its registered office at 1, 2 & 3 College Yard, Worcester, Worcestershire WR1 2LB.
Please note that this policy applies only to www.littlebigpaw.co.uk and its subdomains. On our site we may provide links to other websites. We do not accept responsibility for the content or policies of any other websites, so we recommend that you read the privacy notice of any other website that you may visit.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data from or about you:
Information you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms through our site or through any email correspondence. This includes information given when you place an order and may include name, email address, contact information, address and payment details.
Information we collect about you: every time you visit our site or purchase from us we may automatically collect:
Purchasing history – information about the products that you buy from us is stored to enable us to improve your future purchasing from the website.
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug – in types and version, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (scrolling, clicks etc.) and methods used to move away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources: we work with a number of third parties (including, for example, payment and delivery services, sub – contractors in technical) and may receive information about you from them.
3. Uses made of the information
We will use information about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us will be used to:
- Carry out our requirements arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, goods and services that you request from us;
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that we feel may be of interest to you based on goods you have previously purchased or enquired about
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Enhance our site so it is presented in the most compatible way for you and your computer or device
Information we collect about you will be used to:
- Manage our site and for internal operations which may include troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Enhance our site so it is presented in the most compatible way for you and your computer or device;
- Ensure our site is safe and secure for you and other users;
- Measure or understand the usefulness of advertising we serve to you and other users, and to tailor advertising to better suit you and your interests;
- Information we received from other sources: we may combine any other information we receive from other sources with information we collect and you have given us. This information will be used for the same purposes as stated above.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries). We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we have with you;
- Advertisers and agencies that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the enhancement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are legally required to do as set out in our Terms and Conditions.
5. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored in our secure payment providers server, which is fully compliant with GDPR. Where you have chosen a password to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. As stated in our Terms and Conditions if you believe or suspect that another individual or entity knows your username or password, you must notify us via email@example.com.
Some of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (‘the EEA’). We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be in the UK under the GDPR, including serving the website under a secure connection and ensuring our service providers are operating under the EU-US Data Shield, giving your data the same level of protection as under the GDPR.
Your data will be stored until you express any indication that you would like your data to be removed from our systems or you would not like to be included in future marketing campaigns and updates. To be removed from our mailing lists, see section 8, ‘Your Rights’.
We have taken every reasonable step to protect your data, including the use of secure servers for our own website, and ensuring the GDPR compliance of all of the third parties that we may share your data with. However the transmission of information via the internet is not completely safe. We make every effort to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. On receipt of your information, we will use stringent security features to try to protect your data at all times.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us to not use your personal data for marketing purposes. To exempt your information from marketing use, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or see section 9, ‘Contacting Us’.
You have the right to request from us at any time the data that we hold about you, or request that we delete all information held on you. There is no charge for either of these. To request either of these from us, please see section 9 below, ‘Contacting Us’.
For further information about your rights, we recommend that you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
8. Cookies on Our Website
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our website uses both first- and third-party cookies for the following reasons:
- To make your browsing and shopping experience a smooth and enjoyable one
- To provide you with our latest updates from social media
- To improve the way that our website works based on how our visitors use the site
Third-party cookies on our site come from YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
You are able to disable cookies through your browser’s settings, however some features on our website may not work correctly if you do this.
For information on how to disable cookies in your browser, we recommend this guide from WikiHow: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies.
9. Contacting Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about the data that we hold about you, how we store it or how we use it. We are happy to answer any of your queries.